I recently rode the Idaho Hot Springs loop with my dad & my uncle. In nine days, we traveled 510 miles and climbed 37,000 feet. It was rather enjoyable.
For those who care to see where we went, I tracked the entire route on Strava:
- Day 1: McCall to Warm Lake
- Day 2: Warm Lake to Stanley
- Day 3: Stanley to Ketchum attempt 1. My dad’s derailleur broke.
- Day 3: Stanley to Ketchum attempt 2. Started at 4:30PM.
- Day 4: Ketchum to Featherville
- Day 5: Featherville to Cottonwood campground
- Day 6: Cottonwood campground to Idaho City
- Day 7: Idaho City to Trail Creek campground
- Day 8: Trail Creek campground to Cascade
- Day 9: Cascade to McCall
Lastly, this trip caused me to break my GitHub streak. I brought my laptop, but most nights I was too tired to do anything. At the end, my streak had been going for 1280 days. That’s 3 years, 6 months, and 3 days. Or put another way: over 10% of my life. I don’t know if I’ll ever exceed that, but I’ve already gotten back in the groove.